Press Release: Versity Invest Owners Renewed Focus on Investor-Centric Real Estate Investments
ALISO VIEJO, CA – Versity Invest, LLC, (Versity) owners (Blake Wettengel as CEO and Tanya Muro as COO) are adapting to the current capital market’s climate with investor-focused institutional changes to their offerings.
Versity is a privately held California based real estate company, with a portfolio north of $1.65BN comprised of both student housing and conventional multi-family properties. Blake and Tanya have been with the firm, and its predecessors since 2015 and 2009 respectively. Prior to assuming the role of CEO in 2018, Blake was the COO and General Counsel for the firm’s predecessor. Mrs. Muro assumed the role of COO in 2018 and has worked in the industry for over 20 years with numerous dealer managers and sponsors.
Under Blake and Tanya’s leadership the firm has taken many steps to grow Versity Invest into an institutional quality real estate investment and management firm. This includes the pending launch of the firm’s broker dealer and RIA private perpetual life student housing real estate investment trusts (“REITs”) and a forthcoming SEC registered bond product. Further, the firm recently took the next step in its evolution as a leading sponsor and manager Delaware Statutory Trust (“DST”) 1031 programs by making several investor centric modifications to its deal structures including; launching 506c offerings, reducing deal related expenses to an institutional level, waiving asset management fees in early years of syndications, structuring master leases that are clear and fair to trust beneficiaries, and providing cost segregation studies for investors should they wish to use them.
Versity Invest employs 65 professionals in its Aliso Viejo, CA corporate offices and has established several verticals including Book & Ladder Property Management Company. Book & Ladder manages most of the firm’s portfolio properties and employees over 210 people nationwide.
Finally, Tanya and Blake have committed to the level of transparency their investors and partners are looking for with audited financials on the firm and its products, which are available for review upon request.
Blake Wettengel, CEO
Tanya Muro, COO
About Versity Invest
Offering Disclosure:The contents of this communication: (i) do not constitute an offer of securities or a solicitation of an offer to buy securities, (ii) offers can be made only by the confidential Private Placement Memorandum (the “PPM”) which is available upon request, (iii) do not and cannot replace the PPM and is qualified in its entirety by the PPM, and (iv) may not be relied upon in making an investment decision related to any investment offering by an issuer, or any affiliate, or partner thereof (“Issuer”). All potential investors must read the PPM and no person may invest without acknowledging receipt and complete review of the PPM. With respect to any “targeted” goals and performance levels outlined herein, these do not constitute a promise of performance, nor is there any assurance that the investment objectives of any program will be attained. All investments carry the risk of loss of some or all of the principal invested. These “targeted” factors are based upon reasonable assumptions more fully outlined in the Offering Documents/ PPM for the respective offering. Consult the PPM for investment conditions, risk factors, minimum requirements, fees and expenses and other pertinent information with respect to any investment. These investment opportunities have not been registered under the Securities Act of 1933 and are being offered pursuant to an exemption therefrom and from applicable state securities laws. All offerings are intended only for accredited investors unless otherwise specified. Past performance are no guarantee of future results. All information is subject to change. You should always consult a tax professional prior to investing. Investment offerings and investment decisions may only be made on the basis of a confidential private placement memorandum issued by Issuer, or one of its partner/issuers. Issuer does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information contained herein. Thank you for your cooperation.
Securities offered through Wealthforge, LLC Member: FINRA/SIPC. Only available in states whereWealthforge, LLC is registered. Wealthforge is not affiliated with any other entities identified in this communication.
Real Estate Risk Disclosure:
- There is no guarantee that any strategy will be successful or achieve investment objectives including, among other things, profits, distributions, tax benefits, exit strategy, etc.;
- Potential for property value loss – All real estate investments have the potential to lose value during the life of the investments;
- Change of tax status – The income stream and depreciation schedule for any investment property may affect the property owner’s income bracket and/or tax status. An unfavorable tax ruling may cancel deferral of capital gains and result in immediate tax liabilities;
- Potential for foreclosure – All financed real estate investments have potential for foreclosure;
- Illiquidity – These assets are commonly offered through private placement offerings and are illiquid securities. Private Placements are Speculative.
- There is no secondary market for these investments;
- Private placements carry a high degree of risk
- Reduction or Elimination of Monthly Cash Flow Distributions – Like any investment in real estate, if a property unexpectedly loses tenants or sustains substantial damage, there is potential for suspension of cash flow distributions;
- Impact of fees/expenses – Costs associated with the transaction may impact investors’ returns and may outweigh the tax benefits;
- Stated tax benefits – Any stated tax benefits are not guaranteed and are subject to changes in the tax code. Speak to your tax professional prior to investing.